I am proud to announce the immediate availability of OCPsoft PrettyTime 3.2.7.Final
, the open-source social-style time formatting library for Java.
PrettyTime allows you to create human-readable timestamps such as “3 minutes ago” or “just now”, and is used in other open-source tools such as JBoss Tools, and JBoss Developer Studio.
This release contains new translations for Turkamen (tk-TM) and translation spelling/grammar revisions for several other language bundles. Additionally, we have resolved an issue with precise time calculations that caused PrettyTime to print multiple instances of the same time unit when using custom time-unit configurations.
Enjoy, and happy holidays,
Lincoln and the OCPsoft team.
We are sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused by our brief downtime. We have moved to a new server, and are now fully operational once more. Due to the hack, we were forced to re-evaluate the security of our previous host, and decided that we could not be adequately certain that such attacks would not succeed in the future; we’ve subsequently moved to a new host, and are very happy with the provisions (and increased level of service.)
Please enjoy the new, faster, more stable OCPsoft.com.
~The OCPsoft Team.
We regret to inform you that the hosting provider we use for OCPsoft.com, and our website itself has recently come under attack. The hack utilized our caching provider to place inappropriate advertising and unrelated content on our website for the promotion of a product. We have removed the source of the problem, but cached files are still being served from DNS caches and proxies.
Thank you for your patience as we work to clean up the remaining impacts of this problem, and we apologize for any delay or inconvenience that this has caused.
The OCPsoft Team
The PrettyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of PrettyFaces 3.3.0. PrettyFaces is an OpenSource Servlets extension with enhanced support for JavaServer Faces – JSF 1.1, 1.2 and 2.0 – enabling creation of bookmark-able, pretty URLs. PrettyFaces solves the “RESTful URL” problem elegantly, including features such as: page-load actions, seamless integration with faces navigation, dynamic view-id assignment, managed parameter parsing, and configuration-free compatibility with other web frameworks.
Features & Enhancements:
- Performance improvements when running JSF 2.0 in project stage ‘development’
- Regular expression performance improvements provided by Yann Simon.
- Ambiguous View IDs are now resolved automatically when using pretty:mappingIds in action method navigation, <h:link> and <h:button> component outcomes
- Ambiguous View IDs may now be resolved manually for outbound URL rewrites by adding ‘?com.ocpsoft.mappingId=…’ to URLs before calling HttpServletResponse.encodeURL(…)
- Dynaview URLs* are now resolved during rendering of links and navigation cases, and are now as functional as traditional mappings.
- Fixed bug that caused path parameter validators to be ignored (#102)
- Handle java.lang.ClassFormatError during initialization of bean name resolvers (#101)
- Also check Weld 1.1.x specific servlet context attribute while search for BeanManager
- Mapping inheritance now working correctly for mappings using the same viewId
– Previously, DynaView URLs would only function on inbound requests, and once the method was evaluated, the value would be processed and then abandoned. For example, when rendering <h:link /> components, users would actually see the dynaview method definition rendered as their url! That is not a good experience, so in resolving the problem, we simple evaluate the dynaview method a second time (or as many times as necessary) in order to render the desired link target. And we do this using…
It is amazing what can be done in exactly one year’s time. January 17th will have been the 2nd anniversary since Lincoln Baxter and I started OcpSoft. It’s been one seriously fun, and wild, ride with JavaServer Faces
and the open-source community. I want to take a moment to talk about my partner’s success story and what he has accomplished in just one