The PrettyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of PrettyFaces 3.3.0. PrettyFaces is an OpenSource Servlets extension with enhanced support for JavaServer Faces – JSF 1.1, 1.2 and 2.0 – enabling creation of bookmark-able, pretty URLs. PrettyFaces solves the “RESTful URL” problem elegantly, including features such as: page-load actions, seamless integration with faces navigation, dynamic view-id assignment, managed parameter parsing, and configuration-free compatibility with other web frameworks.
Features & Enhancements:
- Performance improvements when running JSF 2.0 in project stage ‘development’
- Regular expression performance improvements provided by Yann Simon.
- Ambiguous View IDs are now resolved automatically when using pretty:mappingIds in action method navigation, <h:link> and <h:button> component outcomes
- Ambiguous View IDs may now be resolved manually for outbound URL rewrites by adding ‘?com.ocpsoft.mappingId=…’ to URLs before calling HttpServletResponse.encodeURL(…)
- Dynaview URLs* are now resolved during rendering of links and navigation cases, and are now as functional as traditional mappings.
- Fixed bug that caused path parameter validators to be ignored (#102)
- Handle java.lang.ClassFormatError during initialization of bean name resolvers (#101)
- Also check Weld 1.1.x specific servlet context attribute while search for BeanManager
- Mapping inheritance now working correctly for mappings using the same viewId
* – Previously, DynaView URLs would only function on inbound requests, and once the method was evaluated, the value would be processed and then abandoned. For example, when rendering <h:link /> components, users would actually see the dynaview method definition rendered as their url! That is not a good experience, so in resolving the problem, we simple evaluate the dynaview method a second time (or as many times as necessary) in order to render the desired link target. And we do this using…