Facelets vs. JSF2 & EzComp
Several things that make life painful with Facelets are fixed with JSF2 & EzComp. Take a look at some of the nicer things to come:
- You can pass a value-binding into a component.
- You can assign a listener to a specific input field/button inside a custom component.
- You can pass facets into components and use them conditionally.
- You can attach validators to specific input fields/buttons of components.
- You can pass nested children into components and use them conditionally.
- In EzComp, namespaces are created automatically by convention — no more taglibs
- You can include CSS or JS files from packaged jars — a big issue when using shared libraries of components.
Posted in JSF