Splash › Forums › PrettyFaces Users › Parameter Injection Problem
This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Christian Kaltepoth 10 years, 11 months ago.
I’ve been using PrettyFaces for a while now and have experienced a problem when I upgraded from version 3.0.1 to 3.2.0.
Previously I had an entry in the pretty-config.xml of:
This has worked fine from earlier versions but has stopped injecting the category URL when I have changed to the new version.
Is there something incorrect with what I am trying to do with the above configuration?
Any guidance will be gratefully received!
your configuration looks good. Could you post the code of your PageManager class? What exactly is the error? Is categoryURL null when getCategoryPage is called or do you get a 404?
You could also try version 3.1.0 and tell us if the error is happening there too.
The relevant code from the PageManager class looks like this:
public class PageManagerBean
protected SiteManagerBean siteManagerBean;
protected String categoryURL;
public String getCategoryPage()
// Call to site manager to return page based on URL
return siteManagerBean.getPage(PageType.CATEGORY_PAGE, categoryURL);
public void setCateogryURL(String categoryURL)
The actual error is a null pointer from the call to the SiteManagerBean; categoryURL is null at the time the getCategoryPage() method is called.
The setCategoryURL method is never called (I put a logger call in to check) and then I get a 404 because of the error.
I have tried version 3.1.0 and get the same error; switching back to 3.0.1 immediately fixes the problem.
Some more information I should have mentioned:
I’m running this on Glassfish 2.1 using JSF 1.2.
I’m currently in the process of upgrading to GF3 and JSF2 but haven’t managed to test this problem in that environment.
Hmmm.. Seems like a problem that was introduced in PrettyFaces 3.1.0 then!
Could you create an issue for this?
Will do; do you need any additional information other than the above?
The best case would be a minimal sample application that reproduces this. You could use the PrettyFaces Maven archetypes to setup something very quickly:
I started putting together a sample to reproduce the problem and I couldn’t – it worked fine.
I then checked my application and it also worked fine!
Nothing has changed (honestly!) however it now performs as expected.
I will investigate further and see if I can figure out what has occurred.
I will post here should I find what caused the problem.
thank you for the update. That’s a very strange issue you are seeing. If you find any clue why this happened it would be great if you let us know..
The forum ‘PrettyFaces Users’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Comments are closed.
If you find our tools useful, please consider making a donation to help us stay online and building software!